Cloudsdale
You have successfully logged in! Enjoy your visit!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsdale
You have successfully logged in! Enjoy your visit!
Cloudsdale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 104 on 7th April 2021, 16:49
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hello there!
I'm sorry, but Empty28th February 2012, 12:19 by mac_pony55

» Books
I'm sorry, but Empty27th November 2011, 04:23 by Klayman30

» Best fanfic
I'm sorry, but Empty8th October 2011, 17:49 by Spotlight

» What does everypony think of season 2 so far?
I'm sorry, but Empty5th October 2011, 16:50 by Scramjet

» Hay Everypony!
I'm sorry, but Empty9th September 2011, 00:23 by Fox Fire

» Hardstyleeeeeeeeee!
I'm sorry, but Empty8th August 2011, 02:44 by Tpkjmw

» Weekend sales
I'm sorry, but Empty6th August 2011, 14:59 by Bloomberg

» Rift Create a Collosus Contest
I'm sorry, but Empty6th August 2011, 05:02 by Bloomberg

» [anything goes]Interesting finds
I'm sorry, but Empty6th August 2011, 04:56 by Bloomberg

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

World map

I'm sorry, but

+2
Scramjet
Bloomberg
6 posters

Go down

I'm sorry, but Empty I'm sorry, but

Post by Bloomberg 25th July 2011, 18:45

Trim the rules. I refuse to enforce more than half of them. If someone wants to post crap that isn't nsfw/viral/illegal, I see no problem with it.

Avatars and sigs being too large can be rectified via coding.

Autospoilering large images should be added as well. And automerge, we could use that.

There's nothing out of the ordinary with people throwing insults on the internet, they mean nothing. In fact, some people(me) enjoy the occasional verbal spat on the internet. It's only a problem after the person asks them to stop, then it's harassment and deserves a warn/temporary ban.

And remove that don't talk back to mods thing. If someone disagrees with a mod, they should be allowed to say so. Sometimes it's important for complaints to be made public, suppressing them is a bad idea. There are times for PM's and times for posts.

I'd ask to remove the spam related rules as well, not actual spam, but one word posts and 13375P33K. Can't we add a hide post feature? Minimize the post to a little bar with just the name of the poster and the post number. That removes all of the issues with one word posts and 57UFF L13K 7H15. Are they annoying? Yes, warn/banworthy? No.

If it's off topic but a valid discussion point, it should be separated from the original thread so people that want to discuss it still can.

In a shockingly opposite standpoint, I was thinking of tightening the rules on the NSFW section. Mostly just making a few tags be mandatory, stuff like [adult], [gore], [grimdark], [anything goes]. Just because it's a nsfw section that doesn't mean that people want to see everything. Making people tag appropriately could help people avoid what they don't like. I'd not give out warnings/bans though. Just edit topics and add guidelines for posting within tagged threads.
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Favorite Pony : Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry, but Empty Re: I'm sorry, but

Post by Scramjet 25th July 2011, 20:30

Alright, I'll run by your points one by one:

Avatars and sigs can be rectified by setting the maximum image size, however this would be rather annoying for anypony wanting to post an image slightly larger than the specified size. While various other forums simply just re-size any images that are either posted or used in a person's signature, Forumotion doesn't seem to have that capability (Forumotion in general is a very limited version of phpbb3). I will do some research tomorrow when I have more time to see if I can change that, but for now I can't do much.

Again, autospoilering and automerging as far as I can tell are not possible on forumotion. If I figure out a way to implement them, I will. (feel free to do your own research too by the way! ;) )

The rules have now been changed so that harassment is not allowed, but the occasional insult is fine, as long as the recipient doesn't ask for the person insulting them to stop.

The "don't talk back to mods" rule has been removed. I understand after the mass-banning on Canterlot why that rule should not exist here.

The 1337 speak and one word rules have been removed. I don't think I've seen any forum with a 'hide post feature' though...

I agree with you regarding an off-topic post with a valid point should be separated from the original thread so people can discuss it.

Added tags to the current NSFW topics and posted a notice about it.
Scramjet
Scramjet
Master
Master

Favorite Pony : Rainbow Dash
Location : That smart-ass, Communist, poofter city called 'Brisbane'

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomberg 25th July 2011, 21:44

Yeah, it seems like forumotion is lacking in modding capacity... That kills several arguments of mine.

I saw the hide post option on a few chans and a forum I once browsed(thank you stumble). I forget the specifics as they were all dumb, but I always wondered why the option wasn't standard on forums/chans.

Should I look for other free forums hosts or are we just gonna stick with this one and consider those acceptable losses?
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Favorite Pony : Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 26th July 2011, 00:16

Bloomberg, you know we have skype right?

Stop making threads just to complain about the forum, when you can just log onto skype and we can talk about it. Twilight Sparkle Con

Also, Bloomy, its nice if people want to debate on a topic, but if people are constantly going to be calling each other vulgarity, like "fuckface" or a "shithead" we're gonna step in. Honestly, I see no problem with putting a restriction on insults. If you want to insult someone freely, do it in a PM. But not in a thread. That rule isn't going to budge Twilight Sparkle Shr We'll comply with your other concerns, but I'm going to stay firm on this one. We're not 4chan. We're a community that supports love and tolerance, and I don't think many people love to be insulted.
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Favorite Pony : Trollestia

Back to top Go down

Post by D45H 26th July 2011, 00:33

Also, I'd like to add, unless u know how to 'code' or know somepony who can...
D45H
D45H
Pegasus
Pegasus

Favorite Pony : Rainbow Dash, Duh.

http://caltakumon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scramjet 26th July 2011, 01:28

Bloomberg wrote:Should I look for other free forums hosts or are we just gonna stick with this one and consider those acceptable losses?
If you can look for other free forum hosts, that'd be appreciated. If we are going to move to something more versatile, it'll have to be sooner rather than later.
Scramjet
Scramjet
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 26th July 2011, 01:32

http://www.fatcow.com/fatcow/special-promo.bml?offer=moopon

:> It's not free, but its cheap as dirt.
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scramjet 26th July 2011, 04:07

Trollestia wrote:http://www.fatcow.com/fatcow/special-promo.bml?offer=moopon

:> It's not free, but its cheap as dirt.
Finally! A damn webhosting service that also gives you a domain name! You do not know how hard I looked, trying to find a service that does that!

Well, if it comes down to it, I'd be willing to pay for the server space, but I'd need to know that everypony's okay with switching servers. It'll probably mean ditching all the data hosted here. I also need to look more into installing phpbb3 on a server as well.

Scramjet
Scramjet
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 26th July 2011, 04:18

We don't really have much here in the first place, so I'd be fine with it. horse-apples like emoticons would have to be transferred, though, but that doesnt really seem like a problem. The threads are basically useless anyways, especially the Canterlot one.

The 55% deal on that site also ends in like, 5 days so we should come to a conclusion before then :>
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D45H 26th July 2011, 06:26

Switch Switch Switch Switch, also use mybb, horse-apples tones better then phpbb3
D45H
D45H
Pegasus
Pegasus

Favorite Pony : Rainbow Dash, Duh.

http://caltakumon.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveButton 26th July 2011, 07:03

I think that server change is a good idea to be honest.
LoveButton
LoveButton
LoveMaster
LoveMaster

Favorite Pony : Twilight Sparkle / Fluttershy / D45H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirenheart 26th July 2011, 12:34

I like how I'm the one who made most of the rules for Canterlot.

:V

(just so you know)
Mirenheart
Mirenheart
Parasprite

Favorite Pony : Pinkie Pie and Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 26th July 2011, 13:48

Mirenheart wrote:I like how I'm the one who made most of the rules for Canterlot.

:V

(just so you know)

How about you make me a fucking sandwich instead, yea? Trixie Neighsayer

I mean, Miren, you're so cool! ( > //////// < ) Kakoii~!!! Desu (> ^ - ^ <)
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scramjet 26th July 2011, 16:20

D45H wrote:Switch Switch Switch Switch, also use mybb, horse-apples tones better then phpbb3
The more I look into the deal Trollestia linked, the more and more tempted I am to get it...

That being said, if I do actually blow my own money on this, we will be using either phpbb2 or phpbb3. The reason for this is that it will be much easier to install phpbb (using Fatcow's site building tools) rather than having to manually install mybb (not supported by the site building tools).

I'd rather spend my time tinkering and modifying a forum than having trouble just trying to install the damn thing! I'm much more familiar with the layout of phpbb and it's the most common forum software, which means there will be more custom plug-ins available for it.
Scramjet
Scramjet
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 26th July 2011, 17:35

It sounds like we don't need mybaby. I don't even know what the difference is between it and phpbaby, since I know nothing of coding. Just use phpbaby Twilight Sparkle Shr I don't think anypony is gonna throw a fit if we don't use mybaby.
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum