Cloudsdale
You have successfully logged in! Enjoy your visit!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsdale
You have successfully logged in! Enjoy your visit!
Cloudsdale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 104 on 7th April 2021, 16:49
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hello there!
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty28th February 2012, 12:19 by mac_pony55

» Books
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty27th November 2011, 04:23 by Klayman30

» Best fanfic
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty8th October 2011, 17:49 by Spotlight

» What does everypony think of season 2 so far?
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty5th October 2011, 16:50 by Scramjet

» Hay Everypony!
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty9th September 2011, 00:23 by Fox Fire

» Hardstyleeeeeeeeee!
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty8th August 2011, 02:44 by Tpkjmw

» Weekend sales
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty6th August 2011, 14:59 by Bloomberg

» Rift Create a Collosus Contest
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty6th August 2011, 05:02 by Bloomberg

» [anything goes]Interesting finds
Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty6th August 2011, 04:56 by Bloomberg

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
No user

World map

Canterlot Thread

+9
Derpy Hooves
Tpkjmw
Trollestia
ibts
Applejack
Scramjet
LoveButton
Apple_Jack
D45H
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canterlot Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Canterlot Thread

Post by LoveButton 22nd July 2011, 06:23

OKAY megusta

Last edited by LoveButton on 22nd July 2011, 06:53; edited 1 time in total
LoveButton
LoveButton
LoveMaster
LoveMaster

Favorite Pony : Twilight Sparkle / Fluttershy / D45H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomberg 22nd July 2011, 06:33

It's the internet. If I hear the word griffon, it means nothing. The word griffon on its own means NOTHING. It is a word. Next time you use the word "folk" apologize to all the jews in poland during the halocaust.

It was a word used to refer to jews during the Third Reich. anypony not a member of the master race was a "Volk." Someone not meant to breed.

It's a word, without meaning behind it it means nothing. On the internet it is a symbol of provocation, used as nothing more than a means to anger.

So yes, I found it funny.
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Favorite Pony : Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 22nd July 2011, 06:38

So if I spammed "asshole", would I be offending myself?

*Insert inquisitive dinosaur here*

Also,

megusta

Last edited by Trollestia on 22nd July 2011, 06:52; edited 1 time in total
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Favorite Pony : Trollestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 22nd July 2011, 06:40

The only reason I have a reason to be pissed at Twilight is because we were a small community at first, budding, then become a full blown tree. Then he for some reason decides to hack at the roots, the people who were CLOSEST to him, and gets some other people we have no idea who they are to fill in the large holes.

Also I don't like it when I try to put in my opinion and even if it's stupid and being ignored. I always was mad when Twilight wouldn't reply to anything I said and did it to others but not as much then says "I work on the forum" then goes plays Counter Strike for a long flank time. Maybe if he spent a lot less time talking about how he likes dicks in posts he could gain a marginal amount of respect in my opinion. Admins not having a large amount of post count shows they are somewhat active in the forums but doing their best to upkeep it.

Mods can handle threads like what Trollestia posts, but he went in and locked it himself. You don't need to do that if you have good mods. In fact, he could of used all the time he was playing with the community to make it better so we wouldn't have anything to bitch about other than he doesn't spend a lot of time with us. THEN he's allowed to make a valid argument which we have no good reason to go against.

Instead, there's still a few errors needing to be corrected, and instead of allowing people who said they could (the people banned) he instead goes ahead, says he can fix it, and there's still bugs that need to be fixed. I KNOW forums can be buggy. Forums and anything else are SUPPOSED to have some errors with them.

You just don't tell people you are going to fix that horse-apples then have a kick to the face when nothing you said is done. If a little bit was done, it shows you have progress, but doing that little bit and doing nothing more is just not that dedicated.

Sure, Twilight should have a social life, but he's not having one really. If he does, it feels like he's just trolling us, and that's why we left. You don't Trollestia your friends. Unless you're Trollestia. Trollestia hates everypony. lol.

I don't have a better argument simply because I don't know enough information yet, but I am stating all of this on the grounds of what I do know. I know that Twilight, although can be funny and the friend I liked at times, can't talk to 500+ people at once. It's just not possible.

I just wished I had the same group of friends I did before instead of us dividing up just because of this damn squabble. I'm not the type that moves on quickly, so it kinda tears me in half when this horse-apples happens in one day. I know most of my rants are based on my personal feelings, but a lot of powered things are. I just want Twilight to show me WHY he's not talking to me that much, instead of hitting me in the face with all this horse-apples he's thrown into our face.

So far, I am unimpressed. His attitude towards our forums gave me a reason to argue because he's acting like his forums has no problems. He has way too much power and he's waving it around like he owns everything. It's a new forum, of course there isn't going to be much people on it. Also, the last time I saw, you don't need to waste money to have a forums as well!

Twilight's arrogance is what pisses me off, not the other things everypony claims he has done. You just don't say you'll do something and never EVER get around to it. It's just sad.
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Favorite Pony : LUNA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tpkjmw 22nd July 2011, 07:08

Twilight isn't the only admin on the forum. If you dislike something he is doing then talk to another admin about it so it gets done a different way.

Also it seems like one of the admins really dislikes me here.
"Stop double posting like a tard. Once again:"
How friendly. I haven't done anything wrong on this forum except stop you guys feeling sorry for yourselves. Someone on the forum annoys you? Talk to a mod about it. A mod annoys you? talk to an admin about it. An admin annoys you? Talk to another admin about it.

Yes I'm pissed too that some of my mod friends got demoted but do I go and bitch about it? No. Instead I continue to mod the forums. I don't resort to racist insults (yes its racist. just saying you don't mean it in a racist way doesn't make it any less racist.) and I certainly don't act like an asshole to anypony. (although it may seem like I do on here but I have my reasons. Much better ones then my BFF was demodded or I was demodded or an admin is a bitch)
One final note for tonight. er, this morning (its 5am, time goes by so fast!)
Spoiler:
Tpkjmw
Tpkjmw
Brony

Favorite Pony : Luna. Obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tpkjmw

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomberg 22nd July 2011, 07:39

It is obvious at this point that I will be unable to convince you that I am anything other than a bitch. I'm going to stop trying.
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 22nd July 2011, 08:28

Tpkjmw wrote:
Also it seems like one of the admins really dislikes me here.
"Stop double posting like a tard. Once again:"
How friendly. I haven't done anything wrong on this forum except stop you guys feeling sorry for yourselves. Someone on the forum annoys you? Talk to a mod about it. A mod annoys you? talk to an admin about it. An admin annoys you? Talk to another admin about it.

Personal feelings have nothing to do with this. You double posted. I deleted your double post and merged it into your first one. If you want to say I did it because I don't like you, whatever. I barely even know you. Whether you like it or not, I'm still an admin here. You double posted here, not once, but twice. Next time you do it, you're going to get a warning. However, if all you want to do here is start something, just PM me. This seems like the case. Was it the fact I called you a tard? *le gasp* I offended children with down syndrome didn't I?!

The only affliction I have towards you is you're a mod on Canterlot who called me an asshole, so I retorted with other vulgarity. If you have time to waste here, doing absolute nothing other than post in this thread, why don't you use it to moderate your own forum yea?
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 22nd July 2011, 09:11

Trying to talk with someone unreasonable and expecting a different answer then go the horse-feathers away is just silly. I'm not doing much to be banned on Canterlot, so I have nothing to complain, but that soul fact is I'm not doing ANYTHING and that's why I'm not banned. I'm too afraid and was before to be myself on a forum you're supposed to relax on because I thought I was going to get banned. It was meant for fun, and now it's like if you do one wrong move you get a warning or ban. I don't take too kindly to being pressured into a corner where only what they want is what you are allowed to enjoy.
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirenheart 22nd July 2011, 09:23

I never actually took much part in the forum in the first place, other than making most of the rules and suggesting a few things (one of which was my Forum Gmaes board that I moderate). And after that, all I did was moderate my little section of the board and occasionally peek at the other boards if I needed it. I really doubt I'm going to get banned or even demodded (unless one of the admins decides to be a jerk and demod me for being here).

Really I didn't even realize the forum had been merged until yesterday when I went there to check it out. And then today, now that I'm back home, I'm shocked and almost disturbed at how bad things have gotten. I like the set up the forum has and all it's little features and such, but there are mods all over equestria and half the forum seems to be comprised of hate. I probably won't leave because they haven't really done anything to tick me off (and I haven't done anything either), but it really sucks that the forum turned out like it did.
Mirenheart
Mirenheart
Parasprite

Favorite Pony : Pinkie Pie and Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveButton 22nd July 2011, 09:31

Well i went back as promised and said i told you so and copped abuse for it Pinkie Pie Content
LoveButton
LoveButton
LoveMaster
LoveMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 22nd July 2011, 10:30

Twilight did single us out pretty openly. I'm usually posting on topic but I don't have a lot of topics to post in. I guess that's what keeps me from being unbanned since I don't have a wide interest unless it's my own topic or others that catch my interest. I'm not trying to necro either, so good point there too.

Don't really want to leave the forums but really don't want to participate heavily in it.
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 22nd July 2011, 10:55

Applejack wrote:Twilight did single us out pretty openly. I'm usually posting on topic but I don't have a lot of topics to post in. I guess that's what keeps me from being unbanned since I don't have a wide interest unless it's my own topic or others that catch my interest. I'm not trying to necro either, so good point there too.

Don't really want to leave the forums but really don't want to participate heavily in it.

You do know Twilight reads this thread right?

I'm gonna laugh when you get banned.
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 22nd July 2011, 11:20

I should be banned because I do something wrong on the forum. If he bans me for expressing my opinion on another forums, that's just silly.

Plus another two cents, this forum was made out of rage that no one liked the other forum very much. It feels more like we're just spamming it and not much else. *cough* Me *Cough*

This community feels more like Canterlot than Canterlot ever did to me. Free expression, and you can say whatever you want. Isn't like we are going to hoof out bans or warnings any time soon anyways.
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveButton 22nd July 2011, 11:54

Exactly right Applejack, I was hoping that this would be a forum very reminiscent of 'classic' Canterlot... I.E before the trolls and twilight losing his fucking marbles. I'm glad that someone else agrees with me
LoveButton
LoveButton
LoveMaster
LoveMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 22nd July 2011, 11:58

Canterlot was made for fun, not a Princess Celestia damn gold rush of people who no one even knows. Guess not everypony has those views. Oh well.
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 22nd July 2011, 12:42

I didn't even want this goddamn thread. But Bloomberg said it would contain the shitstorm.

Oh well Pinkie Pie Grin
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomberg 22nd July 2011, 12:53

They'd post here either way, it wouldn't work out well for us if they had to make a new thread every time a new mod/member hopped over with an argument.
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

Post by ibts 22nd July 2011, 18:35

LoveButton wrote:Exactly right Applejack, I was hoping that this would be a forum very reminiscent of 'classic' Canterlot... I.E before the trolls and twilight losing his fucking marbles. I'm glad that someone else agrees with me

wait, what do you mean "before the trolls"
ibts
ibts
Brony

Favorite Pony : rarity

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirenheart 23rd July 2011, 01:43

About a week ago, before the merge, The warning list, banned list, and reported posts list in the Mod CP were empty from the start. Then, I came back a week later after the merge, and I see new crap appear in them every day.

That's what they mean by before the trolls I think.
Mirenheart
Mirenheart
Parasprite

Favorite Pony : Pinkie Pie and Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterlot Webmaster 23rd July 2011, 07:15

Applejack wrote:Twilight did single us out pretty openly. I'm usually posting on topic but I don't have a lot of topics to post in. I guess that's what keeps me from being unbanned since I don't have a wide interest unless it's my own topic or others that catch my interest. I'm not trying to necro either, so good point there too.

You're not banned because you did not do anything wrong.

Applejack wrote:I should be banned because I do something wrong on the forum. If he bans me for expressing my opinion on another forums, that's just silly.

Plus another two cents, this forum was made out of rage that no one liked the other forum very much. It feels more like we're just spamming it and not much else. *cough* Me *Cough*

This community feels more like Canterlot than Canterlot ever did to me. Free expression, and you can say whatever you want. Isn't like we are going to hoof out bans or warnings any time soon anyways.

What do you do wrong? Oh, and I'm not banning you. It's perfectly fine to vent and express what's on your mind. Although, it'd be preferable to say it to me personally so I can give an explanation. You're just blurting out how I'm a horrible Webmaster, and all the stuff that I'm doing is out of complete randomness. The old Canterlot? You do realize we're the same site as before, just with more members and new faces? That's what confuses me: you guys get so angry over new people. You get so angry at all the things that are wrong and you automatically demonize me. That isn't fair.

LoveButton wrote:Exactly right Applejack, I was hoping that this would be a forum very reminiscent of 'classic' Canterlot... I.E before the trolls and twilight losing his fucking marbles. I'm glad that someone else agrees with me

Trolls come naturally to any forum. You think Canterlot would be free forever? I lost my marbles? Well I have them right here in my bag, so I don't think I lost them. Trixie Smug

Applejack wrote:Canterlot was made for fun, not a Princess Celestia damn gold rush of people who no one even knows. Guess not everypony has those views. Oh well.

Gold rush? We're not making any money off of it. And the members? Well naturally with any planned forum, members are bound to join. A tight knit circle can't last forever. Are you afraid of new people? That's the only way sites expand.

Mirenheart wrote:About a week ago, before the merge, The warning list, banned list, and reported posts list in the Mod CP were empty from the start. Then, I came back a week later after the merge, and I see new crap appear in them every day.

That's what they mean by before the trolls I think.

As new members join, so do bad members. That's natural with ANY forum.
Canterlot Webmaster
Canterlot Webmaster
Parasprite

Favorite Pony : Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomberg 23rd July 2011, 22:10

Well, this oughta be my last post in this thread. No real point after this unless I'm directly asked a question.

There were signs of entropy before the merge. It didn't really matter all that much because we had so few members, and the problems were well within the "fixable" range. The donator system being rushed and implemented the way it was is a prime example. Instead of creating a separate email, paypal account, and other such things we just used a random members paypal account. That's not how a site that wants to grow should do things.

Now on to the merge. I was looking forward to it. Because of new members? No. Because I was hoping the more experienced administration of Pony Central would know what they were doing. I was wrong. As far as moderation, I find their policies too strict. As far as ability to lead, they are as lacking as Twilight.

Speaking of Twilight, here are some of my complaints directed at him. Blinded by his desire for a larger forum, he skips necessary steps to ensure the growth of the forums is handled well. Complaints are looked at as obsticals to be overcome by the easiest means possible, arguing that the person is wrong then pulling authority. I've not seen Twilight take a complaint yet where he agreed with the person and fixed the issue. If you need evidence, look at Stickhill. He posted a nice long post when the Canterlot layout changed about the changes and why he was against them. He was polite, precise, and generally constructive in his criticism.

He was mocked on the Teamspeak and branded a whiner. Twilight, not caring if any of his complaints were legitimate, went one by one with the complaints and didn't budge on a single point. It's been the same with every complaint since. Twilight doesn't see any problems with the site, and will never budge.

The merge was handled badly, and instead of fixing the issues that came with it anypony who complains or brings up the prospect of leaving is not only told to stop bitching, but to leave. He Told Us To Leave. That's why we left.

And seriously, why was I banned again? I'm not sure if you knew this, but Derpy banned me by request through a Skype call because I wanted to leave. He made Brony+ my display group because he didn't want yet another shitstorm getting started over my ban. Why in Equestria would you undermine that?

Oh, and I still want those reserved slots. Canterlot be damned they're still affiliated with the steam group and I payed for those fair and square. I still consider it wasted money, but it'd be nice to at least get SOMETHING out of my $50.

tl;dr Enjoy your stay at Cloudsdale
Bloomberg
Bloomberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterlot Webmaster 24th July 2011, 09:36

Bloomberg wrote:Well, this oughta be my last post in this thread. No real point after this unless I'm directly asked a question.

There were signs of entropy before the merge. It didn't really matter all that much because we had so few members, and the problems were well within the "fixable" range. The donator system being rushed and implemented the way it was is a prime example. Instead of creating a separate email, paypal account, and other such things we just used a random members paypal account. That's not how a site that wants to grow should do things.

Now on to the merge. I was looking forward to it. Because of new members? No. Because I was hoping the more experienced administration of Pony Central would know what they were doing. I was wrong. As far as moderation, I find their policies too strict. As far as ability to lead, they are as lacking as Twilight.

Speaking of Twilight, here are some of my complaints directed at him. Blinded by his desire for a larger forum, he skips necessary steps to ensure the growth of the forums is handled well. Complaints are looked at as obsticals to be overcome by the easiest means possible, arguing that the person is wrong then pulling authority. I've not seen Twilight take a complaint yet where he agreed with the person and fixed the issue. If you need evidence, look at Stickhill. He posted a nice long post when the Canterlot layout changed about the changes and why he was against them. He was polite, precise, and generally constructive in his criticism.

He was mocked on the Teamspeak and branded a whiner. Twilight, not caring if any of his complaints were legitimate, went one by one with the complaints and didn't budge on a single point. It's been the same with every complaint since. Twilight doesn't see any problems with the site, and will never budge.

The merge was handled badly, and instead of fixing the issues that came with it anypony who complains or brings up the prospect of leaving is not only told to stop bitching, but to leave. He Told Us To Leave. That's why we left.

And seriously, why was I banned again? I'm not sure if you knew this, but Derpy banned me by request through a Skype call because I wanted to leave. He made Brony+ my display group because he didn't want yet another shitstorm getting started over my ban. Why in Equestria would you undermine that?

Oh, and I still want those reserved slots. Canterlot be damned they're still affiliated with the steam group and I payed for those fair and square. I still consider it wasted money, but it'd be nice to at least get SOMETHING out of my $50.

tl;dr Enjoy your stay at Cloudsdale

Merge was handled flawlessly and all the issues associated with it are fixed.

If you're wondering about administration, we're doing fine. Staff is moderating and fitting their quota, along with warnings and bans being handled fairly.

Rules are too strict? Welcome to the Internet. Canterlot is not 4chan; there's gotta be rules enforced.

Stickhill was NOT mocked in the TeamSpeak. I handled his complaint and solved it within the day. If you think you can run a better complaint handling system, be my guest to post in in the suggestion foru- Oh wait, you can't.

Your ban was handled by request; you did not earn it when Derpy gave it to you. When you said our staff was horse-apples, and directly insulted one of our admins, I took it upon myself to ban you. You EARNED that ban. Just because you donated does not make you immune to the rules, and most certainly does not mean you can call the staff members shitty.

Oh, and about the reserved slots? Banned members lose all donation perks. You don't deserve it. Albeit, you helped the forum, and we're thankful for that, but what you did was rude, obnoxious, and totally uncalled for in your thread on The Moon.

And I'm unprofessional? I don't see how, but alright.

Enjoy your ban, and have a nice day.
Canterlot Webmaster
Canterlot Webmaster
Parasprite

Favorite Pony : Twilight Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 24th July 2011, 09:55

Canterlot Webmaster wrote:

Your ban was handled by request; you did not earn it when Derpy gave it to you. When you said our staff was horse-apples, and directly insulted one of our admins, I took it upon myself to ban you. You EARNED that ban. Just because you donated does not make you immune to the rules, and most certainly does not mean you can call the staff members shitty.

Uh, whut? Rainbow Dash Derp

That was me. I called the mods horse-apples.

How did Bloomberg insult you? You quoted him saying "I didn't earn that ban." and took it as an insult?

LOL YOUR FORUM GOT HACKED Rainbow Dash Awesome
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Applejack 24th July 2011, 20:05

Twilight, you know most of that was me just trying to express my emotions at the time? I personally wouldn't have a clue of what was happening if it landed in my face. I deal with the information given to me at the time. :U
Applejack
Applejack
Brony

Back to top Go down

Post by Trollestia 24th July 2011, 20:43

Applejack, no one even knows what you're talking about. More than half of your points don't even make sense. It's like you're trying to argue for the sake of arguing. Applejack Squint
Trollestia
Trollestia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next